Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Lucy's first sweater

I knit this wrap-around sweater for my little girl while she slept under the bili lights in the NICU nursery. She was a tiny girl, only four pounds ten ounces at birth. She was swimming in the hospital sweaters and needed something preemie-sized for her week-and-a-half stay in the nursery.




















Here is the preemie sweater compared to the one I worked on next (that she has long since outgrown.) I also knit her a hat to keep the chills at bay in the hospital.



2 comments:

  1. Could I please have this pattern? I've been looking for a tiny kimono for preemie boys burial gowns. They would be so much easier to dress the babies in. Your knitting is so pretty.
    Tacy Caudle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tacy, thanks for visiting! This is the ballet top pattern from Cotton Candy Baby Knits book 102 by Jenny Watson. It makes up very quickly and is written for normal sizes, as well as preemie size.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete