Thursday, May 31, 2012

Almost finished

(Sorry for the sideways photos.  Blogging with a baby means lots of important and no-so-important details get left by the wayside.)

Here is the cardigan with buttons and flower positioned.  Perfect for cool summer mornings, evenings, and air-conditioned grocery stores.


After spending several months without doing much (read: baby problems), I've discovered what, no doubt, many people have discovered; that small bits of handiwork are the way to go when you have a baby.  Thus the steady flow of small knitting projects.  I have also managed to complete the sock project I started one year ago (hooray!) and made steady progress on the purple magic circle blanket (from A Gathering of Lace).  I attempted to sew a few things, got as far as cutting the patterns out, but stopped short of actual sewing.  Part of the reason is that we're moving across town in a couple weeks; part of the reason is that setting up the sewing machine and coordinating thread, etc. is as far as I got before the little miss needed me.  

Currently on my needles, little miss's birthday dress.  I've ripped out and re-started twice, so here's hoping the third time's the charm!

No comments:

Post a Comment