Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Uninspired

I have nothing new to show, even though my daughter is napping for three hours every day, giving me plenty of time to knit (or do other things...), and it's not for lack of trying - I've looked through books, looked through my yarn, started a swatch only to determine that my gauge is off, but I'm not concerned enough even to continue.  I've cut out magazine photos for inspiration, but don't have the funds to buy some luscious alpaca yarn for a slouchy fisherman's sweater like the one I saw in the Peru Collection (besides, it's not washable and I have a smeary, cuddly baby, etc).  Ho hum.  Right now I'm intrigued by the idea of making a teddy bear for my daughter, since she loves pointing out teddy bears in books, but the rows and rows of boring stockinette stitch may drive me away from pursuing that project.  So I've caught up on some reading, instead.  The end.

2 comments: