Sunday, March 17, 2013

Another new hat

I made another hat, using some yarn leftover from an old sweater project in a light golden olive-y color.    (In this photo it looks a bit on the brown side, but it is greener than that.)


Still need to block the brim, although I can't say I'll get around to it soon since I'm liking the hat as-is.

The pattern is from a Jane Austen Knits issue, and it's the "Modified Mobcap" seen sideways here:


I love their choice of yarn and wish I had that sitting around, but the textured stitch pattern came out nicely in a solid color, I think, and I didn't have to pay a cent.  Not bad.  My daughter grabbed it from my head and put it on hers as soon as she saw it, saying "mama ghee hap!" (mama green hat)  I take that as a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment