Sunday, September 1, 2013

Finished!

This came together fairly quickly, once I was able to put in twenty minutes here and there.  It helped that Lucy wanted to "sew", too, so one afternoon I spent an hour and a half sewing while she sat next to me and stuck pins in pincushions, etc.  I sewed on the last buttons yesterday evening, and then Lucy wanted to wear it for a while.  The light was terrible, so I didn't get any good photos.  Another time!

The front

The back


The fabric is a light peach cotton lawn (I'm guessing it's a lawn, because it's crisp and not drapey like a voile) that stays a little wrinkly, but it pressed nicely on all the hems and pintucks.  It didn't ease well on the sleeve caps, but I'm ok with that.  The buttons are from the fabric store up the street.  The topstitching went well, thanks to easy seam guides on my new machine.  

I am really satisfied with this project.  This was hands-down the best clothing pattern I have ever used.  The outside is lovely, the insides have no exposed seams.  I can't wait to trace up the next one and try other patterns.



4 comments:

  1. Its beautiful!! So, we need to discuss bartering. I would love to have a tiny little girls dress to hang up in my sewing room. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that may be a possibility. :) i'd trade for a min-quilt!

    ReplyDelete