Monday, August 5, 2013

Ready to Go

I managed to get to the fabric store yesterday, which is no small feat.  Fabric Corner, the store up the street from me, sells mostly quilting cottons with a huge selection of quilters' batiks, but they also have a large section of upholstery fabric and are expanding their small dressmaking section, which is stocked with high-quality things.  It tends to be an expensive store, but the owner is capricious in his discounts - if you buy more than a yard of something, sometimes he'll give you 70% off, or maybe 30% off, or maybe something for free just because.  You never know how much you may or may not pay.  I think they have coupons and days when there are deals, but nothing is heavily publicized so it's always a surprise to get, oh, free embroidery floss and a 40% off coupon if you come back on Wednesday.  

Anyway, there was a nice bunch of new cotton lawns (said to be English, reminiscent of Liberty) so I picked out a small blue floral print and some coordinating buttons.




 I wanted something dark apricot or peach-colored and wandered into the quilting cottons and found this.  (With some buttons shown, though nothing is definite yet.)


And found some lovely pink mother or pearl buttons for the other fabric I already have.


Pattern is all traced out (phew!) so I'll start working on these off and on for a while.  


Buttons and fabric....  Sewing combined with all the cooking I've been doing (we have a CSA share this summer) makes me feel extra homemaker-y.  





No comments:

Post a Comment